The Bessé team are experts in insurance advice and brokerage for companies. Every day, 460 employees rely on their capacity for innovation and their expertise in supporting their customers, agencies and large companies, efforts to protect their activities and employees.
For 60 years, with the same values and independence, Bessé has established itself as one of the French leaders in its market.
Consistently distinguished for the quality of their services and their presence in the field, the teams at Bessé build long-term relationships of trust with their customers.
Vertuloo: a platform that meets the needs of rental management
True to these values, in 2018, Bessé Immobilier & Construction, an insurance broker specialising in the risks of real estate professionals for over 25 years, conducted a survey among its property management clients, which revealed three major requirements:
1. A need to open the criteria for selecting tenants of unpaid rent guarantee insurance policies.
2. A need to secure the verification of supporting documents. In an anxious context of creating false files and a greater risk of unpaid orders, the underlying wish was to better protect the landlord owner.
3. A need to accelerate the analysis of rental files. The aim set out by property administrators was to provide a faster response to potential tenants and to validate the lease as soon as possible.
Vertuloo was born from the analysis of these needs.
Vertuloo is the first French rental file selection platform exclusively dedicated to propertyadministrators.
In real time, VERTULOO offers:
- an automated check on the authenticity and compliance of the documents in the tenant file. VERTULOO uses artificial intelligence that enables real-time document verification;
- a more pragmatic and secure analysis of the solvency of potential tenants. VERTULOO’s analysis model/algorithm goes beyond the current simple solvency analysis logics. It takes into account the components of the applicants’ personal and professional environment in order to accurately determine the maximum rent an applicant can afford while maintaining the rest of their lifestyle.
- an Insurance certification that guarantees 100% of accepted files against the risk of unpaid rent, when the unpaid rent cover insurance has been taken out.
There are multiple benefits for property administrators: risk analysis is more detailed and therefore safer, more files can now be accepted (+10% of which are fixed-term contracts, short-term contracts, temporary staff traditionally excluded from insurance offers) and rental management teams gain productivity as analysis time is halved.
With regard to the verification of applicants’ files and supporting documents, Bessé did not have all the skills and sufficient resources in house. Naturally, they decided to go to the market to find an external partner, who had to meet two requirements:
– being a trusted name when it comes to checking the accuracy of supporting documents.
– being easy and quick to integrate.
Easy, fast integration
The integration of the Netheos solution was rapid, and we only had five days of support in total.
By embedding Netheos’ expertise in verifying documents and combining the additional checks that Bessé has itself developed on the platform, this partnership is part of a logic of co-construction of a coherent set of control systems. This is a lifelong partnership, as every quarter Netheos’ latest innovations are rolled out in Vertuloo, enabling platform users to have the most up-to-date and secure view of rental risk.
Today, Netheos and Bessé are working together on responses to calls for tenders, and joint commercial actions.
After more than a year of partnership, the launch of the Vertuloo platform is a real success: 30,000 landlords are now benefiting from this new service.
Almost 10,000 files have already been registered and the pace is increasing, with more than 1000 files submitted each month.
Vertuloo, which has been awarded the Finance Innovation label, is now also certified by the major unpaid rent insurers.
This is crucial given that, at present, in traditional insurance policies against unpaid rent, you may be refused compensation if your applicant does not comply with the guarantee rules requested by the insurer.
With Vertuloo, this is not the case: all files approved by the platform are covered and indemnified.
In the coming months, Vertuloo’s first interfaces with asset administrator management software will be operational. This next step will provide users with optimal operating comfort.