Electronic signature eIDAS
What is the electronic signature?
The electronic signature is a process, using cryptographic mechanisms (as opposed to the so-called “digital” signature), which guarantees the integrity of an electronic document and the identity of the signatory.
Under certain conditions, it has the same legal value as a handwritten signature.
The European eIDAS regulation provides a framework by defining 3 levels: simple, advanced, qualified.
The 3 levels of signature according to eIDAS
SIMPLE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE
"Data in electronic form, which is attached to or logically associated with other data in electronic form and which the signer uses to sign."
- No mandatory criteria or certification, and therefore, variable quality depending on the provider.
- The most common signature level because it is the most flexible and easy to implement for a large number of use cases.
ADVANCED ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE
- Identification of the signatory mandatory before signature.
- Electronic certificate containing the personal information of the signatory.
- Delivered only by a certified trust service provider.
- Can be used remotely: the ideal compromise between flexibility and legal security.
QUALIFIED ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE
The Netheos electronic signature solution was designed to quickly implement a simple and secure remote signature.
It relies on Netheos ‘ knowledge in terms of remote identity verification to offer the most secure electronic signature proof on the market.
The remote signature solution in 3 key points
Netheos meets your needs:
- With complete peace of mind, you benefit from the support of a specialist to choose the level and process of electronic signature adapted to your needs.
- You can easily implement the chosen level and process of electronic signature based on the integrated catalog of identification means.
- Ultimately, you have a single point of contact who advises you and takes responsibility for the entire process, from identity verification to electronic signature.
A Netheos and AR24 innovation
and digital underwriting
Trust and Sign responds to the main challenges of remote entry and subscription by offering solutions for :